After 5 years of successfully circulating reusable packaging in Europe (and 100+ happy eCommerce clients and 1000's of very happy end-users) RePack is excited to announce its full launch in the US in 2020. We are currently accepting new clients for both pilot projects and full implementation of our reusable packaging service.
Canada Post has approved RePacks for circulation domestically. In collaboration with CP, we will be conducting pilot project beginning June 2020. We are currently looking for eCommerce companies in Canada to participate this project.
What is RePack?
We offer a pioneering reusable and returnable shipping packaging service that upgrades your customer's experience, saves you $, and sustains our planet. RePack utilizes the first-ever Packaging-as-a-Service model (PaaS), eliminating the burdens of single-use packaging ownership and use. A switch to RePack, allows your company to have an immediate and impactful sustainability measure in place.
RePack reusable shipping envelopes function almost identically to single-use shipping envelopes, with the added benefit of having a unique sizing feature that reduces dead air space around items being shipped. RePacks are reused 20+ times each and then upcycled at the end of their lifespan. Switching from single-use cardboard or poly plastic shipping packaging to RePack can reduce carbon emissions by up to 80% and eliminate trash by up to 96%. RePacks have been fully approved for use by USPS, FedEx, UPS, DHL and most third party carriers.
End-users who receive their orders in RePack have overwhelmingly reported an enhanced customer experience and a new appreciation for the eCommerce company for reducing single-use packaging and waste. We also utilize an innovative customer reward system that increases customer loyalty and repeat sales, while incentivizing packaging returns.
The RePack reusable shipping packaging model has been successfully in-use in Europe for the past five years, circulating hundreds of thousands of reusable packaging, delighting end-users happy, saving companies $ and reducing environmental impact.
To see who is participating and learn more visit our Success Stories
How RePack works:
Standard RePack Service
Included in each cycle (piece):
- Packaging of your choice:
- Small (15" x 10" x 4" gusset)
- Medium (23" x 14" x 6" gusset)
- Large (26" x 14" x 8" gusset)
- Special clear sealing tape
- Prepaid empty return postage to our fulfillment center
- Cleaning, inspection, loss/damage replacement
- Co-branded insert (for product return instructions and the RePack return instructions)
- Quarterly sustainability impact reporting
- Sustainability marketing and PR program, as well as membership into the RePack Network,
including a free micro-website
- Free use of the RePacks returned directly to you for product return/exchanges (built-in discount)
- Reward Voucher Program (optional)
Current North American Pricing
100-2500 cycles (package)/month for 6 months
Small - $3.50 USD/$5.25 CAD per cycle
Med. - $3.75 USD/$5.75 CAD per cycle
Large - $4.25 USD/$6.00 CAD per cycle
Current monthly minimum = 100 cycles
We offer pricing breaks at higher quantity levels and at longer lengths of service. Please contact us for these additional pricing tiers.
Covering the cost of RePacks
Unlike throw-away single-use packaging, reusable and returnable packaging has a significant environmental impact win by returning and reusing the packaging. There are additional costs for this when compared to single-use, and we have developed several ways handle these expenses:
- RePack as an opt-in At check-out on your website, RePack can be listed as an option, with a message and impact savings statement An up-charge can be listed up to equal to your cost of each individual cycle making the RePack service cost neutral for your business.
- RePack as an opt-out Offer RePack for ALL your shipments, with the option of individual customers opting out (and you using traditional single-use packaging.) Your company either passes thru all or some of the cost of the RePack at check out, or incorporates the cost into your current product pricing model and makes RePack free to your customers.
- Business Model Update If immediate and significant increased environmental sustainability and customer engagement and sales is a key goal for your company, updating your overall business model to include the cost of RePacks into several line items on your balance sheet (i.e. not only COGS and packaging, but marketing, operations and sustainability expenses) and offering RePack at no extra charge for you end-users might be the way to go.
Interested in trying out RePack reusable packaging in your operations/fulfillment and with your customers?
We are offering a special short-term collaborative pilot,
with the potential of continuing on in full service after pilot completion.
Criteria to consider:
- Have products that are non-breakable and can fit into RePackâs soft-pack returnable Medium size envelope (23.5" x 13.75" x 6.25".) Products that ship in poly or paper mailers are perfect! Note: RePack have a handy sizing feature that reduces their size by up to 50% for smaller items/orders.
- Be willing to swap out your traditional shipping packaging with RePack reusable shippers randomly for 200-3000 customer orders. (You decide the quantity level that works best for you.)
- Scan/or manually record the RePack ID and attach it to the customer email or order number.
- Communicate with customers whose orders are selected for the pilot (via a message in the order confirmation or a separate email) explaining how to return the empty RePacks. (We provide you with the messaging template.)
- Be open to sending a follow-up communication to your customers that received RePacks reminding them to return it (if we do not receive the RePack back within 5 days.)
- Be able to work with your operations and fulfillment team to make the pilot happen over a 1 month period of time.
- Be ready for an uptick in customer engagement, newly delighted customers, lower carbon footprint, less waste and a potential increase in sales!
The goal of the pilot project is to offer an opportunity for your companyâs operations/fulfillment to test out RePacks, to introduce and test with your customer base and get their feedback, and to evaluate with your marketing, sales, sustainability and leadership teams.
Pilot Cost: $4.00 USD/$5.95 CAD per cycle (package)
For this you will receive:
- 200 - 3000 Medium RePack (23" x 14" x 6"), you select the quantity.
- The empty return shipping labels pre-affixed for the packaging return back to our fulfillment center.
- Rolls of special clear sealing tape.
- Coverage for any loss/damaged packaging.
- The use of RePacks for your customer product return/exchanges and the re-use of these for free.
- An opportunity to test reusable shipping packaging in your order fulfillment processes.
- The ability to ask survey questions to your customers on an included paper survey, as well as a full report with data and insights gathered during the pilot (including: customer experience, RePack empty return rates, feedback from your operations/fulfillment, carbon savings and trash reduction and more.)
- Marketing and PR opportunity about your brandâs participation in an innovative new reusable packaging pilot that reduces carbon by 80% and waste by 96% compared to traditional single-use packaging.
- The option to seamlessly continue on with the RePack service after the conclusion of the pilot at a discounted price.
- RePack offers a limited number of pilot project each month.
- Please contact us as soon as possible if you would like to participate to reserve a spot.
Questions? Want to sign-up for the pilot or full service?
Feel free to reach out this way as well:
RePack's mission is to make reuse the new normal. Our multi-national team is passionate about reducing the reliance on single-use and supporting reuse and behavior change for more environmentally sustainable practices. We strive for a triple bottom line of Planet|People|Profit. RePack's home office is in Helsinki, Finland. RePack North America is based in Santa Cruz, CA and our distribution centers are located in: Tallinn, Estonia Salt Lake City, Utah and Toronto, Canada. We invite you to stop by, learn more about our closed loop model and Packaging-as-a-Service and hopefully be inspired to better sustain our planet.